Transgenic Rats Immunophenomics Platform (TRIP)
Transgenic Rats & Immunophenomics Platform (TRIP) is an academic platform (UMR 1064 INSERM/ UMS 3556 CNRS (SFR François Bonamy-Nantes)) dedicated to the customized creation of transgenic rat models, knock-out (KO) or knock-in (KI) aiming to develop study models requested by the platform users. TRIP also performs immunophenotyping of genetically modified rats and generates human monoclonal antibodies.
Being the only academic structure in France for its expertise in rat transgenesis, the platform has been developing models for the study of human pathologies or the study of specific genes and biological functions for more than 15 years.
To generate targeted disabilities in rats, TRIP has been a pioneer in the development and validation of innovative techniques: lentigenesis and gene specific nucleases such as meganucleases, ZFNs, TALEs and CRISPR/Cas9.
Immunophenomic aspects concern the immunophenotyping of rats by polychromatic cytometry and functional tests in vivo and in vitro. The aim is to measure quantitative parameters in a standardized manner, as well as the production of human monoclonal antibodies using humanized rats for their immunoglobulin genes.
The plateform received the national IBiSA label in 2008. TRIP was certified ISO 9001:2008 in November 2012 et has been certified ISO 9001:2015 since November 2018.
- Routine and customized generation of transgenic rats by one-cell embryo microinjection of DNA or lentiviral vectors
- Generation of KO rats by one-cell embryo microinjection of gene specific nucleases: ZFNs, TALE nucleases or meganucleases
- Genotyping by classical PCR, quantitative PCR (qPCR), Southern blot
- Identification of heterozygous versus homozygous genotype by qPCR
- Identification of transgene insertion loci into the rat genome by LAM-PCR
- Freezing of transgenic or KO embryos
- Immunophenotyping and analysis of immune responses in transgenic and KO rat models (in vitro, in vivo)
- Generation of human monoclonal antibodies
Training in transgenesis in the rat model
- Transgenesis technologies in rat model :
Upon specific request, Nantes
- Organization of workshops
- Development and validation of transgenesis technologies by TALE nucleases, ZFNs (Zinc-Finger Nucleases) or meganucleases to create new KO models
- Application of these methodologies to generate KI (Knock-In) rat models
- Immunomonitoring of transgenic rat models