AniRA is a network of technical facilities within the SFR Biosciences Gerland-Lyon Sud, dedicated to the functional exploration and to the productionof transgenic mouse models. This coordination has allowed the development of high-level technological approaches, now proposed as services for the whole scientific community.
This network is composed of a central animal facility (PBES) and several technological platforms: production of mutant animals, vectorology and genetic analysis as well as infectious models analysis. AniRA's catalogue is proposing diversified phenotypic analyses of genetically modified or physiopathological models.
A quality process is currently underway for NF EN ISO 9001:2008 global certification. AniRA ImmOS and the central animal facility have been the first departments to be certified ISO 9001:2008 by AFNOR, respectively in April 2013 and in July 2014.
- To realize phenotypic analyses of cardiac metabolism (AniPhy), of neuromediators (Neurochem), of immune system and mineralized tissues (Immos)
- To develop human disease models, either infectious or inflammatory, on confined animals
- To develop genetically modified animal models by additive transgenesis (DNA or Bac), lentiviral transgenesis or targeted transgenesis (ES cells)
- To guarantee the breeding, the production and the management of mouse lines in SPF conditions (Specific Pathogen Free) with all the related support services (decontamination, health status monitoring, cryopreservation, genotyping)
- To guarantee mouse husbandry under different biosafety levels (BSL-1, BSL-2, BSL-3) for experimentation
- To develop an animal management software (PHARE = Production and Husbandry of Animals Reserved for Experimentation) for a broad community use
AniRa is partner of Phenocan project, winner of an Equipex in 2011, a project to develop mouse models for cancers. The goal is to improve the understanding of biological basis of cancer, to address the role of environmental conditions on its development and to test new drugs.
Anıra relies on a broad scientific community structured around the SFR Biosciences Gerland-Lyon Sud (UMS3444/US8), including 10 research units which belong either to the CNRS, INSERM, INRA, Pasteur Institute or PRES Lyon (UCBL and ENS Lyon). The platform serves the local, regional, national and international community, public or private.